The UTS Data Arena provides a powerful way to simplify complexity.
It offers high-end computer graphics pipelines to help make sense of big data. Deep visual immersion can assist industry and government identify patterns, discover trends, and steer research.
The Data Arena can be used for:
- big data exploration with multi-user interaction
- virtual reality architectural site walk‑through
- full-surround 3D stereo video projection
- scientific visualisation of complex data sets
- examine, filter, segment, slice, and classify datasets in immersive 3D stereo
- 3D volumetric display (generation and manipulation of 3D voxels)
- obtain a better understanding of your data – the quality and quantity
- group collaboration in a shared immersive 3D virtual environment
- education, teaching and learning
- research and development.
Already, the UTS Data Arena has been used to generate a 3D volumetric model of a parasite from microscope image slices, identify biological markers in childhood cancer patients, track bacteria, travel through physical structures and create unparalleled computer graphics for film, fashion and entertainment.