Welcome to UTS: Shopfront
UTS: Shopfront is one of UTS’s key programs championing social justice and social change. We place UTS students at the heart of the community sector to gain real world experience and make a meaningful difference to local not-for-profit organisations. Our community-engaged research showcases best-practise scholarship for social good from around the world.
At UTS: Shopfront, we aim to build strong and sustainable communities through research, education and practice. We do this through:
- Student Community Coursework projects, our award-winning community projects and internships as part of student coursework,
- UTS SOUL Award, our co-curricular program for student volunteering and leadership, and
- Gateways, our research for social good, including leading peer-reviewed e-journal Gateways: International Journal of Community Research and Engagement and occasional monographs by academics an students.
Since we began in 1996, UTS: Shopfront has facilitated more than 1000 successful projects completed by UTS students as part of their disciplinary coursework for more than 800 non-profit organisations. We’ve also overseen an additional 70,000 hours of extra-curricular student volunteering in the community.
Included in this website are all the ways for you to connect to our program areas, our history, news and upcoming events. Use the sidelinks to the left or the quicklinks below to explore our work and find out how you can get involved.
- Shopfront's 2016 Impact Report - for everyone
- Submit a Project - for community organisations
- Currently Available Projects - for students
For regular updates, follow us on Sign Up to our e-newsletter!or