ACCC Digital Platforms Inquiry Report | Insights & Impacts
Come and gain new insights into the ACCC’s preliminary Digital Platforms Inquiry report in this exclusive seminar with ACCC chair Rod Sims, CMT director Derek Wilding, Holding Redlich, Clifford Chance and the International Institute of Communications
Join industry colleagues on Monday, 11th February 2019, for an informative half day morning seminar to unpack the insights contained in the ACCC’s preliminary Digital Platforms Inquiry report released 10 December 2018. That preliminary report shines a spotlight on the impact of Google and Facebook on the Australian media industry and associated competition, consumer and privacy issues and possible regulatory responses.
The seminar will have leading experts from the public and private sectors contribute to the policy debate, helping attendees to form views before the cut-off date for submissions on 15 February 2019.
Convened jointly by the Australian Chapter of the International Institute of Communications and the Centre for Media Transition at UTS, and held in partnership with Clifford Chance and Holding Redlich, the event will include two panel discussions of findings in the preliminary report relating to:
Panel 1 - Competition in media and advertising services market
Moderated by Clifford Chance partner, Dave Poddar:
- Scott Gregson - Executive General Manager, Mergers and Adjudication Review Division (including Digital Platforms Inquiry and Consumer Data Right), ACCC
- Thomas Vinje - Partner, Chairmain, Global Antitrust Group, Clifford Chance
- Lauren Solomon - Chief Executive Officer, Consumer Policy Research Centre
- Melanie Drayton, Assistant Commissioner, Regulation and Strategy, Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Panel 2 - Impact of Digital Platforms on the supply of news and journalist content and implications for media content creators, advertisers and consumers
Moderated by Holding Redlich partner, Angela Flannery.
- Professor Derek Wilding, IIC Australian Chapter President and Co-Director of the Centre for Media Transition - an overview of the Centre’s report The Impact of Digital Platforms on News and Journalistic Content prepared for the ACCC as part of the inquiry.
- Creina Chapman, ACMA Deputy Chair and CEO
- Georgia-Kate Schubert, Head of Policy and Government Affairs at News Corp Australia
- Simon Milner, Vice President, Public Policy APAC, Facebook
FURTHER SPEAKERS TO BE ANNOUNCED SHORTLY
Seminar concludes approximately 12.30 pm followed by a light lunch till 1 pm.