What does it mean to be a public cultural institution in the 21st century? What does it mean to work in one?
These were the questions targeted at GLAMSLAM 2018 when hosted by the UTS Australian Centre for Public History on 1 March 2018.
Combining discussion about questions facing the sector with provocations, Lightning Talks, showcase booths and opportunities to meet and GLAMJAM these issues, GLAMSLAM 2018 aimed to map out the challenges and opportunities facing Galleries, Libraries, Archives and Museums, and to think about how we might work together to tackle them.
Keep the GLAM alive
We'll be back in touch with follow up feedback (if you want to be on the list email us at firstname.lastname@example.org) but in the meantime you can keep the GLAM alive through any of the following:
- GLAMcity GLAMSLAM episodes will be coming soon. Listen online and subscribe to GLAMcity here for android and here for iPhone users
- Enter the GLAMSLAM GIF competition (closing date currently unspecified). Prize is a one year pass to Sydney Living Museums and the title of inaugural GLAMSLAM GIFCHAMP
- Keep the conversation going on twitter at #GLAMSLAM2018
- ‘LIKE' the Australian Centre for Public History facebook page for photos of the day and to join in our activities
- You could also get your institution a disco ball and email us a picture. Or tweet it to #GLAMSLAM2018.
Thursday 1 March 2018
9.00am - 5.00pm GLAMSLAM - UTS Law School (Building 5B, Ground Floor Moot Court)
5.30pm - 7.00pm GLAMSLAM drinks - Chau Chak Wing Building (Building 8, Level 8)
University of Technology Sydney
Moot Court (Ground Floor), Building 5B (Law School)
1 Quay Street, Haymarket
Building 5B (UTS Law School) is directly opposite Paddy's Market on Quay Street, an easy 5 to 10 minute walk from Central Station trains and bus stands. Location Map to Building 5B
GLAMSLAM Drinks - held on the 8th floor of the Frank Gehry designed Chau Chak Wing Building (UTS Building 8), a short walk from the Law School. Access from the Goods Line or from a number of streets around Ultimo Road. Location Map to Building 8