The project includes the design, fabrication and experimental characterisation of solid state single-photon emitters integrated with photonic circuits to create a scalable highperformance platform for quantum optical signal processing.
University of Technology Sydney has an exceptional team of optical physicists with expertise in optical nanofabrication and experimental characterisation. The project will support collaborative work with external partners at the frontier of integrated photonic circuit fabrication.
Desired qualifications and skills
- Excellent master’s degree or bachelor’s degree with honours in physics or photonics
- Solid fundamental knowledge of optics and quantum mechanics
- Practical experience with experiments in free-space optics or integrated photonics, including laser beam alignment, fibre coupling, imaging, spectroscopy and interferometry
- Nano-fabrication experience or knowledge of nano-fabrication methods
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Ability to work independently as a researcher and effectively in a team.
The Scholarship is valued at $26,682 p.a. for a period of three years, and is subject to satisfactory reviews of progress by supervisors. Please send your application by email including a CV, a motivational letter, a list of publications and references to all three of the following addresses:
Dr Alexander Solntsev Alexander.Solntsev@uts.edu.au
A/Prof Igor Aharonovich Igor.Aharonovich@uts.edu.au
Prof Milos Toth Milos.Toth@uts.edu.au
The position will be open until filled.