Since 1975 the UTS Faculty of Law has established itself as a leading NSW law school, forging a reputation founded on close collaboration with the legal profession and industry.
To continually attract and provide the best education to the brightest students regardless of their financial situation, UTS:Law has established a number of scholarships for new and current students. These scholarships acknowledge outstanding academic achievement and provide opportunities to those who may be excluded from tertiary education due to socio-economic, geographic or other disadvantages.
The UTS:Law scholarship program offers the following scholarships:
- & Legal Entrepreneurial Scholarship: A one-year scholarship worth $5,000 which provides Law students the opportunity to undertake paid work placement and entrepreneurship mentoring with & Legal.
- Eric Dreikurs Scholarship: A one year scholarship worth $6,000 awarded to a continuing Bachelor of Laws student on the basis of financial need.
- Ezekiel Solomon Scholarship: A one year scholarship worth $5,000 to support one commencing or continuing, full-time UTS Law student who demonstrates financial need or other educational disadvantage(s).
- Faculty of Law Equity Scholarship: A four-year scholarship worth $20,000 to support one commencing, full-time UTS Law student who demonstrates a high level of financial need or other disadvantage.
- Law Dean's Scholarship: A one year scholarship worth $10,000 to support one school-leaver who commences a full-time UTS Law combined law degree student who achieves an ATAR of 99.5 or above.
- Media Transition Doctoral Scholarship: This interdisciplinary scholarship is available to Doctor of Philosophy students researching the effects and implications of disruption and transition in the media sector.
- Michael Whitbread Scholarship: A travel grant awarded to a UTS Bachelor of Laws or Juris Doctor student to assist with travel costs to London, United Kingdom, for recipient students to undertake a two-week unpaid internship at Barristers' Chamber 7 Bedford Row.
- Quentin Bryce Law Doctoral Scholarships: The Faculty of Law offers the Quentin Bryce Law Doctoral (QBLD) scholarships for commencing Doctor of Philosophy students to promote and reward quality research within the faculty.
- UTS New College Clarendon DPhil Scholarship: Funded for the full duration of the course, this scholarship offers a UTS graduate the life-changing opportunity to study a DPhil at New College Oxford. The scholarship is tenable in any subject areas offered at New College Oxford.
Use the scholarships and prizes finder to see more about the all the scholarships and prizes offered by UTS.
"Everyone is worth hearing and every mind is worth cultivating under the best possible circumstances. The Faculty of Law Equity Scholarship has empowered my voice and has made my education not only accessible and possible, but engaging, and it can do the same for you."
Alison Whittaker, 2011 Faculty of Law Equity Scholarship Recipient