As an Australia Awards Scholarship student, you will need to arrive at UTS much earlier than other international students, to attend a compulsory four to six-week academic preparatory program - Introductory Academic Program (IAP).
The IAP is a compulsory academic preparatory program for all new Australia Awards Scholarship students. If you are not able to attend the entire IAP, you are encouraged to defer your studies to the next session.
The IAP organised by UTS normally includes:
- Around 50-hours of HELPS Intensive Classes. These sessions provide skills training in the following areas: orientation to academic life and expectations of lecturers, research preparation including literature search using electronic library databases, academic writing, listening and communication skills, and finally seminar presentation skills.
- IAP Overview – includes expectations and responsibilities of Australia Awards Scholarship students.
- Accommodation information
- Australian and Indigenous Cultures
- Computer sessions
- Lunch with current Australia Awards Scholarship students at UTS
- Tours, to landmarks such as the Sydney Opera House and the Blue Mountains
Please contact the International Sponsored Students Team for a latest copy of the IAP schedule relevant to your session of commencement.