Australia's #1 young university.
Top 5 reasons to choose UTS
1. UTS is Sydney's city university
Benefit from international, innovative and industry-relevant education in the heart of the global city of Sydney.
UTS is a ten-minute walk from Central Station, Sydney’s major transport hub, and close to shopping, restaurants and entertainment. Get to know our vibrant campus by watching this video (opens an external site). Iconic attractions like Bondi Beach and the Sydney Opera House are just a short bus or train ride away.
2. Recognised degrees
Choose from more than 150 undergraduate and 180 postgraduate courses across traditional and emerging areas of study.
UTS courses are renowned for their practice-based approach and many are accredited by a wide range of professional associations and governing bodies.
3. World-class campus
Learn and collaborate in a state-of-the-art campus (opens an external site) featuring three iconic new buildings.
New cutting-edge facilities are shaping the future of learning at UTS, providing a vibrant campus environment where students can socialise, study and relax.
4. Vibrant student life and comprehensive support services
Live on or close to campus and meet new people in UTS residences - an affordable, convenient and vibrant place to live.
Access a range of support services - from help with English and a careers service, to medical and counselling services - many of which are free.
Enjoy a vibrant student life with numerous opportunities to develop and meet people. Join more than 100 clubs (opens an external site) across a range of interests, from tae kwon do and photography, to anime and chess. ActivateUTS (opens an external site) also organises activities and entertainment.
5. UTS ranks highly
Times Higher Education University Rankings 2015-2016
Top 250 overall
1 in Australia, 21 overall - Top 150 under 50
28 - 'most international universities'
QS World University Rankings 2015/16
14 - QS Top 50 Under 50 - UTS is #1 young university in Australia
5 star rated - QS Stars 2016
Academic Ranking of World Universities 2015
Top 400 overall
UTS research is benchmarked "world standard or above” by the Australian Federal Government’s Excellence in Research for Australia report December 2012.
Scholarships and grants
From 2016, UTS will commit A$30 million towards a range of scholarship and grants for commencing and current undergraduate and postgraduate students over five years.
Undergraduate scholarships and grants
- Academic Excellence Awards (PDF, 102kB)– from 2016, Academic Excellence Awards valued at A$10,000 will be awarded to commencing international students enrolling in undergraduate coursework programs.*
- UTS:INSEARCH Graduate Scholarship – grants will be awarded to high-achieving UTS:INSEARCH graduates commencing at UTS.
- Full Tuition Scholarships – the first full degree scholarships to be offered at the undergraduate level, commencing in Spring 2016 (for up to four years of study at UTS).
Postgraduate scholarships and grants
- Academic Excellence Awards (PDF, 93kB) – grants valued at A$5000 will be awarded to commencing international students enrolling in postgraduate coursework programs*
- Full Tuition Scholarships – full tuition scholarships will be offered at the postgraduate level from 2018.
All undergraduate and postgraduate scholarships and grants are awarded solely on the basis of academic achievement.
*Academic Excellence Awards are already being awarded to postgraduate and undergraduate international students who will commence at UTS in Autumn and Spring Session 2016.
What our students say
"UTS has all the elements and facilities for students to enable effective learning."
"UTS has a lot of advanced technology that I never would have had the chance to get in contact with, and use."
Find out what other students have to say about studying at UTS.
Steps to studying at UTS
Are you ready to start studying at UTS?
- Find the right course for you
- Check the entry requirements
- Complete your application
- Get your visa and paper work in order
- Find more about accommodation and living costs in Sydney
- Get ready for the experience of a lifetime!
Got a question? Ask us now
Living in Sydney
Sydney is one of the most multicultural cities in the world. Sydneysiders celebrate the city's diversity through a range of exciting festivals, entertainment and activities that take place throughout the year. Check out our Sydney event calendar.
Sydney is also one of the world’s most highly ranked cities in terms of quality of life. In 2014, QS ranked Sydney the fourth most liveable city for students in the world. Come and decide for yourself!
Find an agent
UTS has agents around the world to help you apply to UTS. Find an agent