This scholarship is proudly sponsored by Industry to increase the participation and retention of young women in engineering or information technology.
The Women in Engineering and IT Cooperative Scholarship is a cooperative education program between the University and sponsoring organisations. The aim of the program is to attract, retain and develop women in the fields of Engineering and IT. The scholarship will identify high achieving female students that have a passion and interest to pursue a career in Engineering or IT. The scholarship will include three industry placements as well as mentoring, networking, leadership and professional development opportunities.
Value and duration
- 4-year scholarship
- $66,000 financial support (over 4 years)
Recipients will undertake three different industry placements to meet the Diploma in Professional Engineering Practice requirements:
- 3 months in Year 1
- 6 months in Year 2
- 6 months in Year 4
- ATAR above 85
- Must be a current school leaver with a passion for engineering or IT
- Your first UAC preference must be for the UTS Bachelor of Engineering, Diploma in Professional Engineering Practice majoring in at least one of the below:
- Civil/ Civil Environmental
- Mechanical/ Mechatronics
- You must attend an interview for the scholarship
Applications are currently closed.
Written applications for the 2020 intake will open in May 2019. Promising applicants will then be short-listed and invited for interviews in October 2019.