Outstanding career and employment prospects
Design and architecture employment has recorded the fastest annual growth rate in 2014: employment grew by 42% (opens an external site), more than double the next nearest sector. Graduates from our Bachelor of Construction Project Management achieve industry-leading employment rates of 98% (Graduate Careers Australia Survey 2013).
Over two-thirds of DAB graduates and more than three-quarters of postgraduates are employed after three months of completing their studies. These are results from UTS analysis of the 2014 Australian Graduate Survey collected in October 2013 and April 2014.
A number of our graduates choose to start their own businesses or develop their own products.
Design and architecture
As professional designers and architects, DAB graduates have:
- An informed position towards socially responsible, sustainable practices.
- The experience and flexibility to work productively in interdisciplinary environments.
- Skills in leading multidisciplinary teams.
- The ability to apply spatial intelligence to complex problems across scales.
- Skills as animators who direct, design, write, edit and produce and influence the industry.
Built Environment: property and construction
DAB graduates who join the property and construction industries become:
- Planners and property developers with an understanding of urban design, regulation, and development feasibility.
- Project managers who can lead cross-disciplinary teams to success.
- Property specialists with expertise in valuation, management, and investment.
UTS graduates are educated to become leaders in their chosen field of practice. We provide the dynamic learning environment and academic excellence that challenge individuals to reach their potential. The academic and professional depth in our practice-oriented teaching and course content is widely recognised by Australian and international employers.