MBAe student experience
Find out from our students what they feel the MBAe program has given them in terms of new entrepreneurial skills and knowledge, and the ways in which the MBAe learning experience and collaborative process have exceeded their expectations.
- I would describe it as connected and inspiring.
- It's really like a rollercoaster ride of learning new things.
- It was really aimed at taking things forward straightaway, rather than sitting and watching lectures all the time.
- My MBAe experience has been intensive, in a really good way, very well rounded and holistic.
- Yeah, my MBAe experience has been fantastic at the moment, and I think it's one of the best decisions I've made in my career so far.
What do you love about the MBAe?
- This is gonna sound a little nerdy, but I love the assignments. The assignments are a really practical way for you to really deep dive into your business, understand it, and by the end of the course you know you've got a business plan ready to go.
- I love spending time with my fellow students who I feel like are PLUs, or People Like Us, or me.
- So what I love about the course and why I picked it is it's really the only course in Sydney, and I think Australia, that's focused on startups.
- I've loved the lecturers, I've loved the assessments. There's really nothing I can flaw. Even the bar that's not far by is pretty good as well.
What has been the biggest surprise for you?
- It was really surprising to see the diversity of thought through the rest of the students. It was a great cohort of people.
- I really enjoyed, for the first time I really enjoyed group work with the other people because it was genuinely fun.
- How much I've actually wanted to study, you know, I've not been a very studious person in my past life but I found myself wanting to read everything before I get into class.
What has been your greatest takeaway?
- I've taken away the ability always to look at something differently and challenge my own biases. That's grown over time but the pivot point was certainly the start of the MBAe.
- My greatest takeaway from the MBAe has really been the collaboration level and the ability to actually work with other people.
- I came into this course with so many ideas and not really knowing what I wanted to do with them or how to even approach just a head full of ideas. And this gave me clarity in a step-by-step process, I didn't even know it was happening. But by the end of the course I knew what I wanted to do.
What have you done since graduation?
- Since graduating I've worked on two startups. One of the startups is still bubbling away.
- I've been working on my own startup and pushing forward with some actually really well-sourced meetings, possibly working our way through an accelerator program.
- Since I've graduated I've kept going with, I guess, what I was doing during the course which was building WallSync, my company. Since the course we've taken it to hundreds of users. We're part of one of the leading startup accelerators in Australia, Telstra's muru-D program. And that's what I've been up to.
Why did you want to take the course?
- So I wanted to take the course because I had this idea for a product. I'd run a business before, but I've never bought a digital product to market.
- I wanted to take the course because it was highly practical, and it was heavily focused on your business and not so much theory related.
- I wanted to take the course because it's project driven. It's not driven by course work, and the main focus is me. It's me and my project and me and my ambition.
Why the UTS MBAe?
- UTS was always a name that I respected, and particularly the Business School. And it was different, I think was the main reason that I chose it, to what other universities were offering. It was hands-on, it was practical, and I wanted a face-to-face experience.
- Yeah, the UTS MBAe offered real world applications.
- I chose to take the UTS MBAe because it was incredibly practical and focused on my startup throughout the program.
- Yeah, I felt like the subject would be really relevant to my career.
- It was just when I saw the subject outline for the MBAe. It chose me, I didn't choose it. It was exactly the course I was looking for.
The MBAe challenges the boundaries of years of professional experience.
MBAe graduate and Director City Life at City of Sydney
It has the perfect mix of theory and practical application...
MBAe graduate, founder Delivee
Entrepreneurship is something you only learn by doing, and this course does exactly that.
CEO Cicada Innovations and MBAe Venture Day Judge