SAP and Enterprise Systems
Education in enterprise-systems and business intelligence
- Provide students with knowledge of issues in accounting information systems (AIS) in general and enterprise systems/business intelligence (ES/BI) in particular;
- Provide students with skills in planning, managing and using AIS in general and ES/BI solutions, Office productivity tools, data bases etc. in particular;
- Provide students with skills in SAP solutions.
General educational focus
- Accounting from the information management perspective;
- Interdisciplinary approach to/benefits of the integration of business processes, functional silos and related data;
- Business planning, analysis and operations control with ES;
- Business analysis with BI solutions (data warehouses and analytical/OLAP tools).
- SAP enterprise solutions for financial management, logistics and SCM;
- SAP Business Intelligence;
- Office productivity tools, small scale databases, mainstream accounting packages for SMBs.
The Accounting Discipline Group provides award courses and non-award courses in accounting information systems (AIS), in particular enterprise systems (ES) and business intelligence (BI) solutions. Most of these courses and subjects have a strong practical component and are taught in computer labs where students work with various software packages, in particular SAP enterprise systems and SAP BI applications.
Undergraduate award courses
Since 2016, SAP ES and SAP BI applications are used in undergraduate subjects within the Accounting in Practise sub-major within the Bachelor of Business. The Accounting in Practice sub-major provides students enrolled in any major within the Bachelor of Business with knowledge of contemporary issues in business planning and control, accounting/business information management and managerial decision support. Currently, SAP software is used in the following two subjects:
Postgraduate award courses
SAP enterprise systems (ES) and SAP BI applications are used in various postgraduate subjects and courses, which target primarily students with some accounting or IT/IS background, working or intending to work in organisations using or intending to implement enterprise systems and or business intelligence solutions. These award courses prepare students for roles including systems accountant, management accountant, financial controller, IS auditor, business analyst, IS project manager/IS consultant, business intelligence manager, etc.
Students can choose from the following list of AIS subjects as part of the MBA sub-major in Accounting Information Systems or as electives in the Master of Business Administration, and in the Master of Professional Accounting Extended:
- 22759 Accounting and ERP
- 22708 Accounting Information Systems (no SAP hands-on)
- 22787 Business Project Management (no SAP hands-on)
Accounting with SAP ERP training is designed for people who are interested in learning about SAP solutions without enrolling in a full university course. These non-award courses are intended for people with either a business (e.g. accountants) or an IT/IS background working or intending to work in companies using or intending to implement enterprise-systems. These non-award courses selectively enhance students’ skills in both using and configuring SAP ERP, and they provide a pathway for achieving certification as “SAP Certified Associate”.
Enquire here for SAP ERP training accessUTS
For more information about SAP Certification, visit SAP Australia.
Non-award postgraduate study
As a non-award student, you're able to attend the above-listed postgraduate single subjects without enrolling in a postgraduate course. Please note that most subjects have prerequisites or co-requisites. For information on how to apply visit UTS:Applying for non-award study.
Students passing the final exam in an SAP subject or short course receive a 'UTS-SAP' Certificate, which lists the topics covered in the subject/course and acknowledges success. The certificate is co-authorised by SAP Education (Australia) confirming the high quality of the subject/course also in terms of SAP content. Some terms and conditions apply.