Accounting for Non-Accountants focuses on accounting concepts and processes. By establishing a foundation of knowledge of the accounting process, participants will be better equipped to understand financial reports and how these reports enhance knowledge to enable better informed management decisions.
Accounting based financial reports are an invaluable tool for the analysis and management of business operations. It is more than just summary statistics as financial statements provide the tools for business analysis and performance evaluation.
- What is accounting and how does it support business operations
- Accounting terminology
- Transaction processing cycles and core business operations
- Reporting operating/recurring and non-operating/non-recurring business transactions and what they mean
- Preparing income statements, balance sheets and cash flow statements
- Reading and interpreting balance sheets to pinpoint business strengths and weaknesses
- Using income and cash flow statements to study operating performance.
Book here for the next Accounting for Non-Accountants course
Find more Accounting and Finance Short Courses at UTS Short Courses & Conferences