2018 Selection Rank: 80.70
Duration: 3 years full time
Credit Points: 144
UAC code: 609605
CRICOS code: 092522A
Location: City Campus
The BTi has been carefully structured to provide students with a core curriculum centred on technology, creativity and complexity alongside a professional experience and electives program. Students must complete 144 credit points made up of 120 credit points of core subjects and 24 credit points of electives.
The BTi prepares students interested in the imaginative development and novel application of technology for a range of roles in creative, management and different technical fields. It has been carefully structured to provide students with a core curriculum centred on technology, creativity and complexity alongside a professional experience and electives program.
The first half of the degree is structured around three core streams:
- Technology labs encompassing scenarios and practices
- Creative practice, methods and inquiry
- Complex challenge projects.
In these three streams you will learn to:
- Develop individual capabilities and personal reflections on technology and innovation, while working as part of a team
- Extend individual capabilities into team and network approaches, and experience first-hand the power of collaboration and co-creation
- Take on global perspectives, and consider the wider impact that each of us can make, in collaboration with others, and when enabled by technology
The second half of the degree is structured around two core strands:
- Professional experience and development
The BTi culminates with a range of opportunities for substantial and wide-ranging experiences to be gained through devising and participating in real-world professional digital practice and applications of innovation.