For the Autumn 2020 session, UTS Housing will offer UTS residents a gym membership subsidy and work with two gym providers to suit broader lifestyles and activities. The two gyms are:
In this new scheme effective from 01st February 2020, which is a trial for the UTS Autumn 2020 session, current UTS residents can pay and join one of the two gyms mentioned above and receive the subsidy provided that they meet the conditions.
Membership rates for UTS Housing residents
- 3 months membership: $185
- 6 months membership: $299
- Jetts Haymarket (24/7)
- 3 months membership: $150
- 6 months membership: $200
How will the gym membership subsidy work?
UTS students must be living at UTS Housing at the commencement of the gym membership. They may take out one 3 or 6 months gym membership; maximum one membership every UTS Housing half year licence agreement.
The resident will pay the membership fee upfront to their selected gym mentioned above, and UTS Housing will reimburse the following amount if conditions* have been met:
- For a 3 months membership: $150 reimbursement
- For a 6 months membership: $200 reimbursement
No partial reimbursement.
*Conditions for reimbursement:
- Valid for a UTS student with a current licence agreement with UTS Housing only;
- Membership must start on or after the resident’s check in date;
- Unique daily visits (one visit per day) between the resident’s check-in and check-out dates must be:
- 3 months gym contract: minimum 24 visits for the gym membership period;
- 6 months gym contract: minimum 48 visits for the gym membership period;
- Visits before checking in and after checking out of UTS accommodation will not be part of the above calculation.
- Once the minimum visits (as mentioned above) is completed, resident must provide us with:
- the original receipt of payment (no bank/credit card statement), and
- a letterhead document of the selected gym with:
- the resident’s full name,
- their UTS ID,
- start and end dates of their gym membership,
- date of each visit;
- One reimbursement per half year licence agreement per resident while living at UTS Housing; up to two reimbursements maximum per full year licence agreement per resident while living at UTS Housing;
- Reimbursement will be done by bank transfer only.
For domestic bank accounts, this may take approximately 2 to 4 weeks; for international bank accounts, this may take approximately 6-8 weeks;
- This membership can’t be transferred to another person;
- This offer will no longer be valid if misused;
- All gym membership enquiries are to be directed to the gym of choice. UTS Housing takes no responsibility for membership deals and policies.
- 12 months membership not eligible.
- No partial or pro-rata reimbursement.
- Conditions are subject to change without notice.