Iglu beds reserved for UTS students
At a glance
Designed for student living, Iglu is more than a place to stay, it’s a place to live. You can choose from these great locations, all within easy reach of all UTS campuses:
Iglu Broadway * – 9 Kensington Street, Chippendale NSW 2008
Just a stone’s throw away, right in the heart of the trendy new Kensington Street precinct where you can immerse yourself in the buzz of cafes, shops and creative spaces.
Iglu Central – 1 Regent Street, Chippendale NSW 2008
Literally across the road from campus, this boutique building offers a great inner-city lifestyle and tightknit, supportive community.
Iglu Central Park * – 6 Central Park Avenue, Chippendale NSW 2008
A designer building, opening out onto the parkland and thriving retail and foodie outlets of the Central Park precinct.
Iglu Chatswood – 73 Albert Avenue, Chatswood NSW 2008
Located on Sydney’s vibrant, multicultural North Shore, Chatswood offers a great student lifestyle and is an easy 25-minute train ride to the UTS campus.
Iglu Redfern – 66 Regent Street, Redfern NSW 2016
Recently opened in the heart of trendy Redfern, this cutting-edge building offers a great inner-city student living experience and it’s just a 15-minute walk to campus.
Choice and flexibility. That’s what it’s all about when you live at Iglu. Like a social household? Make new friends in a share apartment with your own secure bedroom. Prefer your own space? A studio or one bedroom apartment is the perfect option for you. All apartments and bedrooms are fully-furnished and ready for you to move straight in and include:
- fully equipped kitchens (in share apartments) and kitchenettes (in studios)
- air-conditioning and heating
- HD flat screen television (one per apartment)
- bed, study desk, chair and bookshelf
- built-in wardrobe and storage
- private or twin-share bathroom
To view rooms online, please visit: www.iglu.com.au/locations/sydney (opens an external site)
- High speed wireless broadband throughout the building
- Awesome spaces to socialise including BBQ courtyards
- A range of individual and communal study areas
- Guaranteed personal space
- A safe and secure environment with CCTV and swipe card access
- Lounge areas with TVs, table tennis and vending machines
- 24 x 7 laundry facilities and bike storage
- Iglu Broadway, Iglu Central Park and Iglu Redfern all have an on-site gym
To view rooms online, please visit: www.iglu.com.au/locations/sydney
Fees and availability vary for each property. Please visit their website for further details: www.iglu.com.au/locations/sydney
Iglu’s all-inclusive weekly rental fee makes it nice and easy to budget. In addition to the great facilities listed above it also includes:
- High speed wireless broadband
- Utilities – electricity, water and gas
- A cool programme of resident community events
- Access to 24x7 onsite support
Discount rates at Iglu Chatswood – Take advantage of our special rates when you study at UTS and live at Iglu Chatswood. From $382 per week, per person for one bedroom in a six-bedroom apartment and $387 per person for one bedroom in a five-bedroom apartment.
Iglu Broadway and Iglu Central Park have apartments where the rent is in line with the National Rental Affordability Scheme (NRAS). You can learn more about NRAS here (https://iglu.com.au/nras-scheme/).
To reserve your room at Iglu, please apply via the Iglu website (www.iglu.com.au/locations/sydney). You just need to select your room and follow the simple application process, which will include paying a holding deposit of one weeks’ rent.
Important note for students booking at Iglu Chatswood: The rent on the website may be shown as higher than quoted above for a 5 or 6-bed apartment but if you apply and advise that you are studying at UTS, the rate will be reduced.
Please note, by accepting Iglu accommodation, your agreement will be with Iglu and you will be required to comply with their housing rules.