Students usually find U:PASS incredibly helpful and supportive and make study almost fun! Below is some of the feedback we received through anonymous feedback surveys
- Both leaders were very friendly and effective, had an excellent knowledge of their subject, and were generally just awesome.
- I was afraid of Economics and it cleared my fear and helped me develop interest in the subject.
- They were really approachable and listened and helped when I needed it.
- Thank you so much for everything this semester, without your help I definitely would have failed and gone home crying on more than one occasion.
- Super friendly and approachable which ensured I didn't feel awkward or stupid.
- Made me study for at least one hour a week.
- She was genuinely motivating and tried to encourage self learning and problem solving among peers rather than her just giving the answers.
- You made this class very chill and asking questions in class wasn't so daunting.
- He was fantastic. I recommended him to fellow classmates and it was very enjoyable.
- I felt comfortable asking him questions, even if they were stupid questions. He was approachable and cared about our studies.
- One word only - "Perfect".
- It helped me share my knowledge with others and work in a team environment on problems.
- I don't know what is the general standard for U:PASS leaders but [Leader] was fantastic .... I wish I could rent her for 36 hours before the final.
- It encouraged me to become a more active learner rather than a passive one. Even though I don't like being put on the spot, the smaller classes allowed everyone to engage and it made the environment less stressful!
- Brilliant. Engaging, kind and constructive.
- Absolutely OUTSTANDING. I cannot say a word wrong or praise her highly enough. I cannot believe how much effort she put in or how skilled she was.
- It was the most useful program I have attended. One day, I would like to join U:PASS team and help other students. Pay back :D
- She was very good, helpful and very approachable. She was very supportive and her classes were enjoyable. I wish her all the best in her studies and I think she would make an amazing teacher!!
- It is obvious he really cares about his responsibility as a U:PASS leader. His classes have been great and I think they have definitely helped me further my knowledge of the subject and course as a whole.
- Absolute STAR.
- She was clearly well prepared before each class, and had a range of group activities for us to do that were invaluable and made the subject so much easier to understand. She made the classes collaborative, and made every single person feel valued and listened to. She did a fantastic job!
- I found the easy going atmosphere allowed for me to ask questions about the complex content that I didn't quite understand. The teachers were experienced and understanding so it didn't feel embarrassing asking what seemed to be 'stupid' questions because everyone else had the same problems.
- You helped me feel more confident about this subject and that was huge when I felt like I was drowning!
Fashion Design students
- She was very enthusiastic and easy to talk to! Instead of telling us the answers she helps us get there which I think is a more effective way to learn.
- She was always so friendly when you arrived and enthusiastic about the topics. It made you want to be excited about it too and try to understand it better.
- If found the friendly, productive environment useful. Peers shared how they attained answers and it provided me with insight into how I could answer a similar question.
- It [made] the content easier to understand and gave me more confidence to study. It also made me want to do well in the subject as I felt I could, whereas the first time I did the subject I didn't attend U:PASS and didn't enjoy the subject or feel I could do well in it.