Register to be a leader
Thanks for your interest in becoming a U:PASS leader; we’re always on the lookout for enthusiastic and hard-working students who want to give something back. Our program gives you a great opportunity to get paid, deepen your own learning and improve your leadership skills- all while helping your fellow students and UTS. Payment includes payment for preparation time and some lecture attendance.
You can register your interest for Spring 2020 only. Please note that we interview in October and May each year. It is advisable to get your applications in before these time periods. Once the main round of interviewing is done, applications will only be considered if there is still space available in the subject.
The general pattern each session is:
- Week 5-6: Current leaders are asked to express interest for the upcoming semester
- Week 6: The application form is also updated for the new semester for new applications (closes week 8)
- Week 6-7: Current leader expressions of interest are finalised
- Week 7: High achieving students are emailed and invited to apply in subjects where there is space for the upcoming semester. However, any student may also apply if they meet the criteria.
- Stuvac: Applications continue to be taken
- Week 8: Applications are finalised and interviews determined
- Week 8-9: Successful applicants book into interview times
- Week 10-12: Interviews
Please note this schedule is subject to change without notice.
If you are unsure about whether we have space in your preferred subjects, please do not hesitate to email email@example.com
Please note: The training days are 20-21 July 2020. You must attend the training to be a U:PASS leader. There are no exceptions.
- be in the second year of study or above at UTS (except for postgraduate leaders)
- have obtained a distinction or high distinction in the subject you are applying to lead at UTS, within the past two semesters
- have achieved an overall credit (or preferably distinction or high distinction) average (GPA>3)
- have great organisation, communication and people skills
- be in good standing with the University
- be available for both training days. Training days are usually held just before the start of the semester.
- be available to lead study groups throughout the semester with a commitment of four-five hours per week.
It is highly desirable for applicants to have attended U:PASS sessions previously.
We encourage you to apply even if you haven’t yet completed the subject, although please bear in mind our offers of appointment will be conditional on meeting this criterion at the end of semester.
Please note: we reserve the right to close the applications if we have a full complement of leaders.