Local students who are struggling financially, whether experiencing sustained or temporary financial hardship, may apply for a grant towards:
|1. Essential living costs and course 'add-on' costs||
Grants are to assist with extra-ordinary course-related expenses and/or to assist with short-term living costs, which may assist you to attend and focus on your studies. This may include assistance towards:
2. Internships, clinicals, practicums and placements
3. UTS Careers 'work-ready' programs
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for an equity grant applicants must:
- be currently enrolled in award courses (undergraduate or postgraduate degree courses) at UTS
- not be on leave of absence or facing exclusion
- be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or holder of an Australian permanent resident humanitarian visa.
International, non-award and INSEARCH students are not eligible.
First year students in your 1st semester of studies may be eligible after Census Date of your session. Should you experience untoward financial need prior to then, please contact our Service to discuss your circumstances.
How to apply
To apply for an equity grant, please:
- Complete the online application form
- Make an appointment to see the Financial Assistance Service
- Complete and submit the application form to the best of your ability prior to interview (changes can still be made during the interview)
- You will be asked to write a statement about why you need a grant, complete a brief income and expenses overview and to provide documentation which will confirm low income/financial hardship, as well as providing documentation (bills; invoices; quotes and calculations) which will support your application for funds
- Bring your student card, bank details and supporting documents to the interview. Call 9514 1177 to arrange an appointment
- You will need to provide access to current bank transactions of the past 12 weeks for all accounts during the interview (or alternatively, to attach a copy of the past three months of transactions to the application). This is a requirement for the assessment process.