COVID-19 International Student Hardship Fund (currently closed)
The International Student Hardship Fund to assist impacted students is currently CLOSED. You may like to consider if a Student Support Package Loan will be of assistance for you. If you need to make an appointment to discuss an urgent financial situation please contact SSU reception on 02 9514 1177 and ask for a Financial Assistance appointment.
International Student Hardship Fund Applications are currently closed.
You may like to consider if a Student Support Package Loan will be of assistance for you. If you need to make an appointment to discuss an urgent financial situation please contact SSU reception on 02 9514 1177 and ask for a Financial Assistance appointment.
Any International student who was affected by the COVID-19 travel restrictions and who remains enrolled at UTS post census date for Autumn session 2020 and not on a Leave of Absence.
- You must be in Australia with an Australian bank account to claim.
- You may only lodge one application and must supply receipts.
- If you withdraw from UTS prior to the Spring 2020 census date without successfully completing any subjects the value of the hardship grant will be deducted from your tuition fee refund.
The University has defined specific categories and maximum claim amounts. Each expense will require supporting documentation.
Eligible expenses include:
- Additional Accommodation costs
- Self-Isolation costs
- Flight changes costs
- Additional IT costs
When can I apply?
Applications are open from Monday 16 March 2020 at 5pm AEDT.
How do I apply?
You will be asked to complete a simple online form and upload evidence of the expenses you're claiming. You will be able to save and resume later your application if you wish.
What information do I need in preparing to apply?
You will need evidence for every expense you're claiming. You will need to provide a personal statement describing each claim.
How long will the application review process take?
Please note the Autumn session census date has changed to Tuesday 14 April 2020.
- You will receive an acknowledgement email after your application is submitted.
You will be notified the decision of your application post census date.
When will I get paid?
We expect to provide payments to your nominated Australian bank account from approximately Tuesday 5 May 2020.
Can I submit more than one application?
No, you can only submit one application (only one application allowed per student). But you can start your application, save and resume later if you wish.
What if I have additional questions?
We understand that you may have additional questions in relation to aspects of your study. Please review the following avenues to have your questions answered:
- For questions relating to:
Subject and course information - Admission requirements - Fees and scholarships - Course progression and study plans - Subject enrolment - Academic caution and sanctions - Exam related and academic progress applications - Leave of absence - Credit recognition and concurrent study - Graduation matters - ID card issuance - Student letters - transcripts and testamurs - help navigating UTS systems.
Please contact the UTS Student Centre and ASK UTS:
- If you have any questions regarding your status as an International Student at UTS, including VISA related questions, please contact email@example.com
- If you have questions in relation to Financial Assistance, including how to apply for a UTS (interest free) Student Loan, please contact Financial.Assistance@uts.edu.au.
- If you have questions relating to your application, please respond to the confirmation email after submitting your application.