Think Global Summer - Developing Cultural Intelligence
Add cultural intelligence to your employability toolkit today
UTS Think Global Summer - Developing Cultural Intelligence
Developing Cultural Intelligence (CQ), moderated by Common Purpose CQ professionals, is an experiential online leadership program designed to grow your CQ - a highly valued workplace skill. Join an online community of UTS students and together you'll explore, develop and reflect on the skills required to function effectively across cultures. This highly interactive program offers the opportunity to learn and apply new ways of thinking, acting, communicating and working with others from different cultural backgrounds.
- Monday 23 November, 12-1pm: Set expectations with a one hour live, online Pre-Event Briefing hosted by Common Purpose and UTS BUILD
- Monday 23 November to Friday 4 December (6 hours): Start the online program which features up to six hours of self-paced learning over two weeks and includes visual media, facilitated discussions, quizzes, exercises and thoughts from senior leaders from organizations such as Google, Amazon and EY.
- Monday 7 to Friday 11 December (2 hours): Complete the micro-credential assessments over two hours in the third week.
- Thursday 10 December, 5-7pm: Attend the two hour live, online closing Reflection and Employability Workshop featuring a guest speaker from industry who will share the importance of CQ in the workplace and how you can articulate your CQ development and skills to prospective employers.
- You with develop your ability to effectively navigate cultural boundaries and thrive in multiple cultures
- Receive the Common Purpose Leading Across Cultures micro-credential
- Join the Common Purpose global alumni community and expand your global network with like-minded students and business professionals from all over the world. (conditions apply)
- Earn 10 core points towards the UTS BUILD program.
Monday 23 November to Friday 11 December 2020
Find out more and apply
Applications now open
Application closing date is Sunday 15 November 2020.
This event supports BUILD’s values of Empowerment, Global Citizenship and Intercultural Competency, Diversity and Inclusion.
About Common Purpose
Common Purpose (external site) is a global leadership organisation devoted to developing leaders who can cross boundaries enabling them to solve complex problems both in organisations and in cities. Founded in 1989, they are a not-for-profit delivering face-to-face and online leadership programs for multiple generations of leaders: from students in universities to senior leaders in organisations and society. Common Purpose has 85,000 alumni, with 7,000 participants annually across 100 cities.