UTS Application Process
The application process for exchange commences one academic year in advance of the exchange commencing. For example, if you wish to apply for exchange commencing in Autumn Session 2020, you will need to apply in Autumn Session 2019.
- Attend the compulsory Global Exchange Information Session.
- Attend a Study Plan Workshop to confirm the UTS subjects you can use for Global Exchange.
- Complete your online form (you will be able to access the link on UTSOnline after attending the Global Exchange Information Session). Submit the completed application in hard copy to the Global Exchange Team.
- Receive your application outcome email advising whether your application has been successful and informing you of the partner university that will host you.
- Accept or decline your offer by the date specified in the application outcome email.
- Submit your Study Plan Assessment Form to the Student Centre for approval.
Note: Applications are ranked by WAM. If two applicants for the same university have an equal WAM, your personal statement will be assessed to help determine your suitability for the destination.
Host University Application Process
- Attend the post-nomination workshop where you will receive information about the host university application form and procedures. Details about the post-nomination workshop will be included in your exchange offer.
- Complete the host university application form and process, including providing all documents requested by the host institution
- Submit your application as per the instructions provided by your UTS Exchange Officer. Please note, failure to meet the deadline advised by your UTS Exchange Officer may result in your application not being accepted by the partner university.
Autumn Session 2019 (for exchange commencing in Autumn Session 2020)
- February: Global Exchange Information Sessions commence.
- June: Final Global Exchange Information Session
- 5 July: Application deadline
- August: Exchange placement offers and acceptances
- September: Exchange Subject Assessment Forms due to the UTS Student Centre
- September: Post-nomination workshops and host university exchange applications
- October: Compulsory Pre Departure workshop
- December 2019 - March 2020: Departure for exchange overseas
SPring (July) session 2018 (for exchange in Spring 2019)- this application round has closed
- July: Expression of interest registration opens
- August: Global Exchange Information Sessions commence
- November: Final Global Exchange Information Session
- 19 November: Application deadline
- End of January 2019: Exchange placement offers and acceptances
- February 2019: Exchange Study Plan approval forms due to the UTS Student Centre
- February 2019: Post-nomination workshops
- March – April 2019: Host university applications due
- May 2019: Compulsory Pre-departure workshop
- July – September 2019: Departure for exchange overseas
Note: You will find semester dates for partner institutions on the exchange partner universities dabatase (opens an external site)
Late applications will only be considered where a student has already attended the compulsory Global Exchange Information Session and can demonstrate extenuating circumstances that prevented their application being submitted before the application deadline. Consideration of late applications is at the discretion of the Manager, International Exchange on a case-by-case basis. To enquire about submitting a late application, please email email@example.com outlining the circumstances that prevented you lodging your application before the deadline and attaching supporting documentation (e.g. medical certificate, letter from counsellor, special consideration approval).