UTS: SOUL Award
UTS: SOUL Award is a social leadership and volunteer program for students.
The award gives students the support to venture beyond their degree and into the community, applying the skills and knowledge learnt at UTS to the real world, all the while developing leadership skills and building networks.
Social leadership encourages people to become engaged in their local communities and to become socially responsive, working in the field with community groups and not-for-profit organisations to create meaningful social outcomes.
The SOUL Award aims to provide you with:
- leadership training and development
- enhanced communication and teamwork skills
- hands-on work experience with community and not-for-profit organisations
- the chance to use your skills and knowledge to benefit the broader community and to make a difference
- new networks and friendships with like-minded students
- recognition from UTS for your extra-curricular activities
- a challenge to personal boundaries and enhanced self-awareness
- a sense of community spirit and active citizenship
UTS: SOUL Award facilitates volunteer opportunities for students alongside a series of workshops, seminars and discussion groups that focus on building the skills required for leadership and community development.
SOUL is based at UTS Shopfront. UTS Shopfront acts as a gateway for community access to UTS and supports community organisations and students collaborating on disciplinary-specific projects. UTS Shopfront offers final year and postgraduate students the opportunity to deliver a real professional community project to an under-resourced community organisation who act as a client. Shopfront students act as consultants, delivering useful results for academic credit.
Through SOUL you’ll get to meet like-minded students, build peer networks, learn new skills and earn reward and recognition from UTS for your work. Have a look through the website or visit our Facebook page.