The UTS Accomplish Award program is designed to enhance your employability success by helping you to identify and articulate your skills, knowledge and experience in an appropriate and professional way.
Through a series of interactive workshops, experiential events, and employability hours, you can improve your confidence in navigating the recruitment process while gaining practical and industry-relevant skills that could help you stand out from the crowd!
Accomplish Award Application Information
You are eligible to apply if you are:
- An Undergraduate student who has completed a year of full-time study by the start of Autumn session 2020; OR
- A Postgraduate student
You are not eligible to apply if you:
- Have participated in the Accomplish Intensive program or completed the Accomplish Award
- Will be commencing your final session in Autumn 2020
- Are not a current student for 2020 Autumn and Spring sessions
Note: if you are a student with a lot of professional experience, this may not be the appropriate program for you
The Accomplish Award runs from April to October and includes the following elements:
Events (all compulsory) designed to help build your experience and skills:
- A welcome event in early April
- Networking event
- Mock interview with an employer in September
Workshops for you to gain practical skills that could prove invaluable for your career:
- 3 core (compulsory) workshops
- At least 1 of a choice of 8 elective (optional) workshops
- See the table below for an explanation of the different Accomplish Award levels
- Amend your resume after the Resume workshop and submit for a rating (compulsory).
- You are required to complete between 40-100 employability hours (depending on the Award level you wish to complete), over at least two different employment activities.
|AWARD LEVEL||3 CORE WORKSHOPS||ELECTIVE WORKSHOPS||RESUME REVIEW||NETWORKING EVENT||EMPLOYABILITY HOURS||MOCK INTERVIEW|
|Platinum||✔||4 electives (min)||✔||✔||100 hours||✔|
|Gold||✔||3 electives (min)||✔||✔||80 hours||✔|
|Silver||✔||2 electives (min)||✔||✔||60 hours||✔|
|Bronze||✔||1 elective (min)||✔||✔||40 hours||✔|
Upon completion, aside from the invaluable skills and relationships, you will have developed throughout the Accomplish Award program, you will also:
- Receive the Accomplish Award, signed by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Platinum only);
- Receive the Accomplish Certificate, signed by the Manager of UTS Careers (Gold, Silver & Bronze);
- Gain recognition of your participation on your Graduate Statement (AHEGS) (Platinum only);
- All certificates will include a letter of completion detailing your achievements from the program.
- Build your confidence in applying for degree-specific jobs;
- Have developed key soft skills that employers look for in graduates.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please view the 2020 Accomplish Award FAQs here.
If you have any additional questions after reading the above, please contact a member of the Accomplish team via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
If you have any questions about the program, please email our Accomplish Team on email@example.com