Are you a carer? Here’s how we can help
We know there are many 'hidden carers' at UTS who may not be accessing the supports available to them. But, we’re here to help.
Here are some of the ways we can support you in your role as a carer:
- Academic Liaison Officers (ALOs) – These dedicated staff, in each faculty, are a first point of contact for student carers.
- Financial advice – If you have money worries, fear not! The Financial Assistance Service can help you with things like loans, tax returns, and laptops and textbooks.
- Free counselling – The UTS Counselling Service offers students confidential counselling (and in most situations the service is free!).
- Group counselling sessions and workshops – UTS Counselling also offers regular group counselling sessions throughout the year focusing on things like mindfulness and procrastination.
- Bulk-billed doctor’s appointment – Need to see a doctor, but don’t have a lot of time? Head to the UTS Health Service located in the Tower, level 6. Appointments can be made over the phone on (02) 9514 1177.
- ActivateFit.Gym – We all know you need to look after yourself in order to look after others. All UTS students are eligible for discounted memberships at ActivateFit, located in Building 4, level 2.
- Multi-faith meditation – Take some time out for yourself, during teaching sessions, with this series of meditations run by UTS Chaplains.
- Bluebird Brekky Bar and Night Owl Noodle Market – Forgot breakfast? Not sure if you’ll get a chance to eat dinner tonight? Then head to the Bluebird Brekky Bar or Night Owl Noodle Market for a free feed on selected days during teaching sessions.
Have other ideas for support you’d like to suggest? Email email@example.com