UTS graduates who are eligible to attend international ceremonies will be contacted via their UTS webmail account with information about the ceremony date, academic dress, photography, tickets and payment of ceremony fees.
If you are eligible and hope to attend an international ceremony, please update your contact details on My Student Admin.
Registering to attend an international ceremony (Shanghai) only
To register your attendance and receive your testamur at an international graduation ceremony:
- Log in to My Student Admin and select the Graduation Registration tab.
- Update the pronunciation of your name (optional).
- Update your contact details (especially mailing address and personal email address).
- Select the name of the degree that you have completed.
- Select the option ‘Graduate Overseas’.
- Submit an Expression of interest by clicking on the link in My Student Admin at the bottom of the graduation registration page.
- View the My eQuals USER GUIDE for new graduates, available on the UTS My eQuals page, to ensure you can access your digital records as soon as possible.
No payment of ceremony fee is required at this stage.
To receive digital copies of your testamur, academic record (transcript) and AHEGS refer to the UTS My eQuals page.
Alternatively, if you wish to receive a printed copy of your testamur before you attend your graduation ceremony overseas, select 'Not Attend - Mailout' or 'Not Attend - Collect'. Proceed to pay for the postage charge (if applicable).
Secondly, you should submit an Expression of Interest form by clicking on the link in My Student Admin at the bottom of the graduation registration page.
Registering for a local and an international ceremony
If you are an International student, you can attend both a local ceremony and an international ceremony (Shanghai). You will need to register online for both the local and international ceremony.
To register for both, select 'Attend', to register to attend a Sydney ceremony, and follow the prompts until the registration and payment process is complete. Upon completion of registering to attend and paying the ceremony fee, return to the registration screen to 'Submit an Expression of Interest to attend an International Ceremony (International students only)'.
Graduates who elect to attend both a local and international ceremony will receive their printed testamur at the Sydney ceremony. When you attend your overseas graduation ceremony, you will be presented with a congratulatory letter. The letter is printed on the same-size testamur paper and inserted into a same-sized plastic sleeve.