Study abroad and exchange students
As a study abroad or exchange student at UTS, you have access to the wide range of programs, support, events, facilities and services available to all UTS students.
Learn more about:
- support - including academic support, IT support, accommodation and medical services
- opportunities - including scholarships, ways to connect, leadership, volunteering and career development
- campus life - social, cultural and sporting activities, campus facilities and much more
UTS also has a student club especially for exchange and study abroad students. To learn more or get involved, visit the Exchange and Study Abroad Club (ESAC) Facebook page.
Learn more about:
- updating your address details - this must be done within 7 days of your arrival at UTS, and within 7 days if change address
- UTS student ID cards
- your student visa - it is important that you are aware of the Australian government's strict regulations regarding student visa holders
Changing your enrolment
As an international student, your enrolment details may affect your student visa. Important information to be aware of:
- You will need to remain enrolled full-time. At UTS, the full-time study load is usually 24 credit points per session to satisfy your student visa conditions.
- last date to ADD subjects for each session
- last date to DROP subjects in Autumn session
- last date to DROP subjects in Spring session
- to add pre-approved subjects, enrol in the subjects through My Student Admin
- to add subjects that are not pre-approved (subjects that are not listed on your UTS study plan) you will need to submit an e-Request to explain the changes
- to drop subjects, "withdraw" them from your study plan through My Student Admin
- remember to check that your home university will approve any new subjects for credit transfer.
- Note: changes cannot be guaranteed and some subjects may be fully enrolled prior to the start of session.
Study abroad and exchange staff are available to assist you.
Monday to Friday
10-11am and 2-3pm
We are located at:
UTS Tower Building
No 15 Broadway
Ultimo, NSW 2007
Phone: + 61 2 9514 1540
Study Abroad and Exchange Officer
University of Technology Sydney
PO Box 123
Broadway NSW, 2007