The Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science and Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Management can lead to entry into the Master of Physiotherapy at UTS or the Master of Physiotherapy at USYD (opens an external site). This is subject to students meeting the entry requirements determined by each university.
The earlier you consider Physiotherapy as a potential career path, the easier it will be to structure your electives accordingly.
For students enrolled in the Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science (Exercise Therapy), your pathway is guaranteed subject to maintaining a credit average and a successful internal interview.
Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science
Sport and Exercise Science students must complete the following elective:
Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Management
Sport and Exercise Management students must complete the following electives:
- 91429 Physiological Bases of Human Movement (Autumn)
- 91706 Neuroscience (Spring, requires 91429, 92512 and 92521)
- 92555 Motor Learning and Control (Autumn) or 92565 Skill Acquisition (Spring)
Note: Timetable clashes may prevent students from undertaking Neuroscience at UTS and / or externally.
Bachelor of Human Movement
Bachelor of Human Movement students must complete the following elective:
Bachelor of Management in Sport and Exercise (pre-2014)
Sport and Exercise Management students must complete 91706 Neuroscience, but will be required to complete 91429 Physiological Bases of Human Movement as an elective prior to enrolling in Neuroscience. The subjects 27111 Mechanics of Human Motion and 27171 Applied Kinesiology are also required as requisites for Neuroscience.
Note: Timetable clashes may prevent students from undertaking Neuroscience at UTS and/or externally.
In the event that the above options are not possible, students interested in Physiotherapy may consider undertaking BIOS1171 Neuroscience (opens an external site) at the University of Sydney. This would be credited back to your UTS degree as an elective. The procedure is as follows:
- Complete the UTS application for concurrent study form
Note: There are application closing dates and students are strongly advised to complete this form by the end of April for Spring enrolment and by the end of September for Autumn enrolment.
- Attach the Subject Outline for BIOS1171 Neuroscience (PDF, 549kB).
- Once you have received approval from UTS, complete the online Health Sciences Undergraduate Cross Institutional application available from University of Sydney. You will need the approval letter from UTS plus some other documents (refer to instructions online) to complete this.
- Upon approval, the University of Sydney will send out an enrolment pack. Help in completing these forms is available from the University of Sydney, Cumberland Campus - Student Central (p +61 2 9351 9161).
- When you receive your results from the University of Sydney at the end of the teaching session on concurrent study, you must submit the copy of the concurrent study approval notification and a certified copy of an academic transcript with the grading system issued by the institution. This must be submitted to the UTS Student Centre so that the credit can be transferred to your record at UTS.
How to apply
Students should regularly check the university website for details on how and when to apply for enrolment into the Master of Physiotherapy (typically October each year).