The final exam for many subjects will be open book or restricted open book. Students are able to bring notes, textbooks or other approved materials into the exam.
Study groups convene in the FEIT Learning Precinct throughout the teaching session.
A group of undergraduate Electrical Engineering students have established an open study group called Coulomb Cloud. The group study together regularly in the FEIT Learning Precinct and promote collaboration across year levels, curiosity in learning, and conversation between students to foster community.
Engineering students are encouraged to read the Engineering Assignment Style Guide.
The Library has created a series of short videos called HeadsUp to teach information literacy, referencing, writing and presenting skills, including:
- Starting Your Assignment
- Finding Books and Articles
- Evaluating Information
- Academic Writing
HELPS provides English language and academic literacy support.
The Mathematics and Science Study Centre provides support to all UTS students studying in various introductory mathematical and quantitative areas including statistics.
U:PASS is a program designed to assist students who are studying difficult subjects. Subjects which are supported include:
- 31271 Database Fundamentals
- 31251 Data Structures and Algorithms
- 33130 Mathematical Modelling 1
- 33230 Mathematical Modelling 2
- 48024 Applications Programming
- 48023 Programming Fundamentals
- 48510 Introduction to Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- 48520 Electronics and Circuits
- 48321 Engineering Mechanics
- 48331 Mechanics of Solids
- 60101 Chemistry and Materials Science
- 65111 Chemistry 1
- 68037 Physical Modelling