An Engineering Graduate Project is a significant body of engineering work that is conducted in a professional manner and documented in a comprehensive report. It provides an opportunity for you to demonstrate your capacity to integrate the advanced knowledge and skills acquired throughout your course and apply them to a real-world engineering problem.
The Engineering Graduate Project is a requirement for every Engineering master's course; however, the number of credit points of the Graduate Project subject varies depending on the course you are undertaking. Please refer to Graduate Project subjects or the handbook to find out which project subject you are required to undertake.
The Graduate Project may involve:
- the development of a new technology, product and/or process; or
- the application of existing technologies, products and methods in a new way to solve a problem. In certain cases, it may be appropriate to undertake a critical review of a method, ideas, a technology or combination of these.
In all cases, it is vital that the project can demonstrate a value-added component that the student has originated.
42908 Engineering Project Preparation
In almost all cases you must complete the prerequisite subject 42908 Engineering Project Preparation followed by the Graduate Project.
- Enrol in 42908 Engineering Project Preparation via My Student Admin.
- Log in to ProjectMatch - As part of the subject 42908 you are required to secure a supervisor and register a project topic. ProjectMatch will help you to find a supervisor, browse suggested topics and register your project. You will be given access to ProjectMatch after you enrol in 42908.
- Note: You MUST inform your supervisor upon enrolment in 42908 of the Graduate Project subject you intend to enrol in so the project scope can be worked out accordingly.
42003 Engineering Graduate Project
You must have completed 42908 before enrolling in this subject.
- Enrol in 42003 Engineering Graduate Project in the subsequent session via My Student Admin.
- Note: You are required to continue working on the same project and with the same academic supervisor that you registered on ProjectMatch for 42908.
You must have completed 42908 before enrolling in these subjects.
Note: You are required to continue working on the same project and with the same academic supervisor that you registered on ProjectMatch for 42908.
- Complete the enrolment form for 42013 - Engineering Graduate Project 12cp (Part 1 of 2).
- The enrolment form must be signed by your supervisor.
- Submit an eRequest for 42013, attaching your completed enrolment form. Incomplete documentation will not be accepted.
- The enrolment form should be submitted as soon as possible, but no later than the Friday of Week 1 of the first session in which you wish to enrol.
- Students can self-enrol in 42014 once they have met the academic requisite.
For enrolment queries related to other Graduate Project subjects, please contact FEITpgprojects@uts.edu.au.
For any queries about ProjectMatch, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.