Welcome to the UTS community! The orientation period is the perfect time to make new friends, find your way around and finalise your enrolment.
Get set for success and find out what to expect and how to achieve it in the Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology. Civil Engineering student, Scott McKeon, shares his experience.
Before you begin your studies, we encourage you to:
- Plan your enrolment and manage your course
- Activate your UTS account
- Collect your student ID card
- Explore the UTS Orientation website and book in to a session
- Complete the Safety and Wellbeing Essentials Module
- Review the undergraduate Course Study Plans for IT or Engineering
Orientation will introduce you to your course objectives, peers, learning resources and teaching staff.
Throughout Orientation, we encourage you to:
- Complete the compulsory Online Post-Enrolment Language Assessment (OPELA) to determine the level of academic language and literacy support required for undergraduate Year 1 communication subjects, 31265 and 48230, and postgraduate subjects 42908 and 32144
- Complete the compulsory Mathematics Readiness Survey (undergraduate Engineering and BCompSc(Hons) students only) to determine which first-year mathematics subject you should undertake
- Visit the Library and Mathematics and Science Study Centre
- Tune up your Study Skills
- Get familiar with academic writing so your assignment work is appropriate and on task
See what's coming up on important dates
Visit the UTS FEIT Facebook page