Which courses are offered in blended mode?
The following subjects in the Applied Linguistics and TESOL program are offered in blended mode. Each course listed below is worth 6 credit points.
- 013990 Discourse and Genre
- 013987 ELT Practices
- 013095 Global Englishes
- 013096 Grammar and Meaning
- 013983 Learning Academic English
- 013150 Literacies and Numeracies at Work
- 013988 Multiliteracies and Multimodalities
- 013107 Phonology and Pronunciation
- 013110 Programming and Assessment in Language Literacy and Numeracy
- 013989 Teaching Academic English
- 013991 Research Literacies
The blended mode means that students who have been studying the subject in distance mode up to now can continue as before (though there is no separate distance mode in which to enrol – simply enrol in the subject you wish to take). More generally, it also means that any students can study these subjects using the materials posted online if unable to attend some or any of the on-campus weekly sessions. We strongly encourage students to attend all available classes, but if on particular occasions you are unable to do so, materials will be available online. All students should therefore enrol in one or more of the timetabled class activities, regardless of whether you attend all, some or none of the weekly classes.