UTS Global exchange is a great way to see the world and give your degree an international edge. The program allows you to study overseas for one or two teaching sessions at a UTS partner university in Asia, Europe or the Americas.
If you’re a student in one of the courses below and you’re thinking about a global exchange placement, it is recommended you plan to go overseas in Year 2:
- Bachelor of Communication suite of courses
- C10276 Bachelor of Music and Sound Design.
To be accepted into the outbound exchange program, you’ll need to:
- have a minimum of 24 credit points available on your study plan for the period you’ll be on exchange
- undertake the equivalent of UTS eight-credit-point subjects, with a total minimum of 24 credit points for each semester you’re overseas
- undertake academic subjects in a Communication discipline as elective subjects. This includes Communication Theory, Journalism, Writing, Media Studies, Film Studies, Digital and Social Media, Public Communication, Public Relations, Advertising, Sociology, Cultural Studies, Social Sciences, Political Science, Media Arts and Production (including film production, documentary etc)
- choose subjects at your host university that are directly equivalent to UTS Major subjects.
Note: A global exchange placement may increase your course duration, depending on the subjects you study. Please contact the Student Centre for more information.
Changing your study plan
If you need to change your enrolment at your host institution and you have been given approval for direct equivalent subjects, please complete the changes to study plan (PDF, 215kB) form and submit it to UTS International.