Strategies & Opportunities for Fintech Entrepreneurs-COVID19
Fintech Forum: Strategies and Opportunities for Fintech Entrepreneurs in times of COVID-19
We would like to extend a warm invitation to the online UTS Finance Masterclass, to be held on Thursday 30th April at 3 pm.
When: Thursday 30th April 3-4:00 pm
Meeting Link: The meeting link will be displayed to you after you register for the event.
Cost: This is a free event
Registration: Please find the details and registration link below.
Fintech start-ups and scale-ups are no exception to the vulnerability experienced by small to mid-firms as the coronavirus pandemic sweeps the globe. However, this is a unique time for fintech to prove their value, utilizing their advanced technologies for the benefit of customer money management, access to credit and incorporation into formal schemes to support online solutions through this crisis.
We are excited to welcome fintech expert guests to our 5th UTS Fintech Forum:
- Rebecca Schot-Guppy (General Manager at FinTech Australia)
- Benjamin Chong (Founder of Right Click Capital)
- Bosco Tan (Co-Founder of Pocketbook)
UTS Finance Department academic Gerhard Hambusch will facilitate the discussion with our subject matter experts to explore the challenges and unique opportunities for digital platforms, including:
- How will business models be affected with the decline in spending and cross-border transactions?
- Challenges and opportunities for fintech businesses during and after COVID-19.
- Funding in the new environment - what are the challenges for start-ups as VCs and investors liquidating their assets? What support is available in both government funding and 'angels' to avoid becoming the next Lunar or Lanister.
- Is this a time for risk taking? We see some firms such as Bux taking risks with a recently launched new cryptocurrency platform.
- Fintech as a "Force for Good" in this crisis: 'Covid Credit' was developed over a weekend by a UK fintech community. What other opportunities exist?
Rebecca Schot-Guppy - General Manager, FinTech Australia
Rebecca is the General Manager at FinTech Australia. She is also a board member of Australia-New Zealand Electronic Invoicing Board. She has previously held roles as Head of Community & Partnership, Community Manager at Stone & Chalk and corporate Lawyer at Hall & Wilcox.
Benjamin Chong - Founder, Right Click Capital
Benjamin has been a partner at Right Click Capital for 17 years. He is a co-director at the Founder Institute, an Honorary Associate at UTS and director at Jetabroad.com. His previous roles include general partner at Sydney Seed Fund, along with various other director positions.
Bosco Tan - previously Co-Founder, Pocketbook
Bosco has held positions as Head of Growth at Zip, Co-Founder at Pocketbook, Co-Founder at BreachAlarm. Previously he has worked in internet security, management consulting and corporate strategy. Bosco holds an MBA from the UTS Business School.
For event enquiries please email email@example.com