Lean Six Sigma Foundations - August 2020
The first step in the Lean Six Sigma learning journey, the Lean Six Sigma Foundations course introduces participants to the concept of organisational and process improvement, and the role that the Lean Six Sigma methodology and its practitioners plays in this. Companies equipped with Lean Six Sigma methodologies pursue excellence, consistency, customer responsiveness, speed and lower cost.
By exploring its historical origins, and through de-bunking misconceptions about the methodology, participants will begin to understand where and how Lean Six Sigma can be applied in order to achieve measurable improvements within organisations.
The remainder of the course has participants test and reflect on their understanding of these core theoretical principles by having participants apply their learning to a highly interactive, hypothetical improvement activity throughout the day. By approaching the hypothetical improvement activity in small groups, participants are introduced and prompted to practice those skills required to conduct and manage actual improvement programs in the workplace.
- Identify the key principles and concepts underpinning the Lean Six Sigma methodology
- Recognise the roles and responsibilities necessary for effective Business Improvement projects
- Understand the history of business improvement and contemporary Lean Six Sigma practices
- Develop a working knowledge of the Lean Six Sigma Business Improvement Models
- Develop skills in improvement planning, including the use of an Improvement Plan and a PDSA cycle plan.
For specific queries regarding course content, please contact UTS Business School on Tel: +61 (02) 9514 3504 or email email@example.com
For any enquiries regarding enrolment or payment, please contact UTS Short Courses on Tel: +61 (02) 9514 2912 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please remember to enter your "ORGANISATION NAME" and "JOB TITLE" when signing up for the course.