Our Strategic Plan (PDF 1 mb) guided our activities from 2009 to 2018 and ensured that we realised our potential as a university.
The values that guide our performance and our interactions with each other, with students, our partners and the wider community:
- Discover and share new knowledge and new ways to lead through our teaching, research, intellectual debate and use of technology.
- Engage and collaborate with each other, our students, alumni, partners, professions and communities, locally and internationally.
- Empower each other and our students to grow, contribute, challenge and make a difference.
- Deliver on our obligations to each other, our students, our partners and communities while maintaining high standards and ethical behaviour.
- Sustain our local and global environment, organisational health and our ability to create a positive, viable future.
Our objectives during 2014–2018
To build our reputation during 2014–2018 we:
- Engaged our students with creative and inspired learning that enabled them to build strong professional identities, future-focussed graduate capabilities and global citizenship.
- Increased the scale, quality and impact of research in our discipline fields.
- Leveraged our environment to connect students, staff, alumni, industry and the community and created sustained opportunities for collaborative learning, innovative research and enduring relationships.
- Lead UTS into a sustainable future; fostering creativity, agility and resilience in our people, processes and systems.
We monitored our progress towards these objectives through a commitment to quality improvement.
The UTS Annual Report provides a yearly snapshot of the university’s performance against its strategic objectives and priorities.