Acting Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Vice-President (Corporate Services)
Christine Burns, BA, LLB (University of Sydney), PhD (UNSW), GAICD
Christine Burns, Acting Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Corporate Services), is responsible for the continuous improvement of UTS's operational capability. She provides strategic and executive management of UTS's profile and brand, organisational culture, risk management framework, organisational and technological capability, governance, student administrative services and exposure to legal risks.
Key responsibilities include:
- maximising people and organisational performance to achieve UTS's strategic objectives
- driving organisational change
- projecting and protecting the university's desired image, including telling the UTS story, engaging external audiences and empowering internal audiences
- providing a comprehensive range of technology facilities, services and resources to meet the university's strategic requirements
- overseeing student administration and graduation
- ensuring effective governance support, including Council and Academic Board secretariats, regulatory and legal compliance, governance instruments and records
- providing timely and comprehensive legal services to the university across a broad range of legal and commercial issues
- achieving synergies and efficiencies across UTS
- ensuring infrastructure and service delivery mechanisms are appropriate and effective for supporting UTS's strategic objectives.
- Human Resources Unit
- Information Technology Division
- Marketing and Communication Unit
- Governance, including:
- Student Administration Unit
- Governance Support Unit
- UTS Legal Services
Previously, Chrissy was the Chief Information Officer at UTS. Prior to joining UTS, Chrissy spent 20 years in the private sector. Chrissy has a BA and LLB from University of Sydney, a PhD from UNSW and has done postgraduate study in management and organisational change. Chrissy is also a graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
Christine is on the boards of AARNet Pty Ltd (APL) and Higher Ed Services Pty Ltd.
PO Box 123
Broadway NSW 2007
phone: +61 2 9514 1993