The School inspires graduate success by engaging students in creative learning that enables them to build strong professional identities and future-focussed capabilities to be a global citizen.
UTS has a reputation for producing highly-employable graduates for the global workforce though its integrated research research-inspired and practice-based teaching with innovative technology. The UTS Model of Learning guides what our students learn. A framework for practice-oriented learning and teaching at UTS, it guides how we design curriculum and links to the development of graduate attributes – essentially, what we want our students to become.
The School aligns its goals with the UTS 2027 strategy in the following ways:
- Together, we'll create a global community of adaptive learners and thinkers through personalised experiences that leverage our campus, industry connections, an enriched virtual experience and the leadership of our staff.
- We must view the whole workforce, and beyond, as our prospective learner community. We’ll drive this transformation by curating and supporting learning and professional development opportunities for our students throughout their entire lives.
- We’ll achieve this transformation by expanding our offerings to focus on a lifetime of learning, and working in partnership with industry and others to co-create them.
- Ultimately, we’ll offer flexible, real-world and personalised learning experiences that create a global community of adaptive learners and thinkers.
- Our campus will be seamlessly blended with both our precinct and our distinctive digital presence. Together, they will deliver enhanced learning and researcher development.