The School of Mathematical and Physical Sciences at UTS brings together a vibrant research and teaching culture with a diversity interests in areas such as Medicinal Chemistry, Applied Chemistry, Forensics, Applied Physics, Nanotechnology, Biomedical Physics, Advanced Materials, Mathematics, Statistics and Modelling.
The School of Mathematical and Physical Sciences is led by the Head of School, Professor Anthony Dooley and is supported by:
- Professor James Brown, Associate Head of School, Research
- Associate Professor Andrew McDonagh, Associate Head of School, Teaching and Learning
- Professor Bradley Williams, Associate Head of School, Strategic Development
A group of professional staff support the School executives and they are:
- Elizabeth Gurung Tamang, School Manager
- Sorabh Jain, Research Officer
- Rebecca Leung, Teaching and Learning Officer
- Klara Janickova, School Administration Officer
- Laura Kuhta Baskovic, ACEMS Administrator
- Morgan Philp, Teaching Assistant
The School of Mathematical and Physical Sciences is located on Level 5 in Building 4 and Building 7.
Building 4 (CB04) - School Office located on Level 5, Building 4
Corner of Thomas St and Harris St
(opposite ABC Ultimo Harris St and Ultimo TAFE in Thomas St)
Building 7 (CB07)
638 Jones Street, Broadway
PO Box 123
Broadway, NSW 2007
NSW Minister for Trade and Industry Niall Blair this week announced an additional $2.4 million investment in the UTS-hosted Defence Innovation Network (DIN), bringing total investment to $5 million.
Statistician Louise Ryan is excited. She’s about to meet a girl who is in her final weeks of high school and trying to figure out what to do at university. The girl likes maths but wants to do something that will "make a difference".
Scientists hard pressed to find a way to switch off forces that keep molecules stuck to 2D materials at the nanoscale say they have understood how it is possible, paving the way for the development of better filters that could be used to remove toxins from the air or store hydrogen and greenhouse gases.