CODEx Internships, Commercial Outcome-Driven Experience Internships, are unique on-campus internship opportunities for undergraduate UTS students from different faculties.
This programme provides students from any Faculty with real workplace experience, in a simulated environment. Students will work in a team with similar skills and educational background, and will interact with other teams that have their own sets of skills. The teams will have the same ultimate objective, the way that a business is made up of different teams with the same strategic goal. Each team will have its own targets and objectives, and each team member must feed information to the team to ensure the optimal outcome.
Participating students will be mentored and work in teams, with students from other disciplines, to deliver business-based projects within a fictional organisation.
Benefits and learning objectives
- build essential professional skills such as problem-solving, teamwork, communication skills;
- gain a genuine understanding of a professional work environment;
- learn from experienced UTS industry partners, alumni and academics;
- network with students and mentors from different backgrounds;
- apply your discipline-specific knowledge to manage real-world projects;
- potentially develop a suite of outcomes that can be used by real companies; and
- have the opportunity to gain leadership skills by becoming mentors for the next generation of interns.
Student eligibility criteria
- Enrolled in 2nd or 3rd year of any UTS degree in 2020
- Achieved a Credit Average or above over the duration of their current UTS course
- Demonstrated capacity to work and communicate effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrated professional skills required for a work environment.
How to become involved
All current undergraduate UTS students, from all faculties, are invited to apply for this program. Places are limited and will be offered on a competitive basis.
Autumn 2020 applications are now closed.
Spring 2020 applications will open at the end of May
For further information please contact the UTS Science Internships team, email@example.com.