In each calendar year, 50% of mandated clinic hours for the clinical subjects in years 1 to 3 can be completed externally, outside of UTS. External clinic can provide flexibility with completing mandated clinic hours outside of the standard operating times of the UTS Chinese medicine clinics. External clinic also provides opportunities to begin networking with established practices, while engaging you with the diversity of Chinese medicine health care in different health and practice contexts.
External placement practitioners require:
- A recognised qualification in Chinese medicine and/or acupuncture;
- A minimum of five (5) years clinical experience; and
- Registered with AHPRA:CMBA.
Chinese medicine subjects with mandated clinic hours include:
Year 4 students are inducted into the clinic in the role of the practitioner under supervision from AHPRA:CMBA registered Chinese medicine practitioners. All clinical subjects from year 1 -3 must be completed before entry into year 4 clinical internship subjects. Interns complete a total of 750 hours of clinic, including 300 patient consultations. Clinic Intern subjects include:
Year 4 Intern hospital placements are offered with:
- Concord Repatriation General Hospital: Oncology Unit (Concord, Australia)
- Hospital of Chengdu University of Traditional Chinese Medicine (Chengdu, China)
- Dong-Eui University Hospital: Oriental Medicine School (Busan, South Korea)
- China-Japan Friendship Hospital, (Beijing, China).