Module B: Effective Site Assessment
Contaminated Site Assessment, Remediation and Management (CSARM) series: A program of short course modules to help environmental professionals update their specific area of expertise, extend their knowledge base and network with colleagues in industry and government.
The goal of contaminated land management and site auditing is to ensure the protection of human health and the environment. Effective site assessment requires a thorough investigative approach and data acquisition in order to provide reliable information about the potential risk to human health and environment and sets the scene for remediation process.
This module addresses the purposes and drivers of the stages of effective site assessment and considers the importance of appropriate sampling design and acquisition of quality data.
Who Will Benefit?
This program is particularly useful for:
- Environmental scientists, engineers, managers, consultants
- Professionals aspiring to become contaminated site consultant or a site auditor as part of career development
- Environmental professionals seeking to change career direction
- Professionals whose discipline/employment is in an area allied to contaminated site assessment.
- The drivers and practice of site assessment
- Principles of field design and field sampling
- Conceptual site models (CSMs)
- Appropriate development and implementation of Data Quality Objectives (DQOs)
- Principles of soil, vapour and groundwater assessment
- Asbestos – assessment and waste issues
- Case studies to illustrate the concepts presented.
Find out more about the Contaminated Site Assessment, Remediation and Management (CSARM) short course series.