CSARM Module B: Effective site assessment
A program of short course modules to help environmental professionals update their specific area of expertise, extend their knowledge base and network with colleagues in industry and government.
The goal of contaminated land management and site auditing is to ensure the protection of human health and the environment. Effective site assessment requires a thorough investigative approach and data acquisition in order to provide reliable information about the potential risk to human health and environment and sets the scene for remediation process.
This module addresses the purposes and drivers of the stages of effective site assessment and considers the importance of appropriate sampling design and acquisition of quality data.
Who Will Benefit?
This program is particularly useful for:
- Environmental consultants seeking certification
- Aspiring contaminated site auditors and environmental managers
- Local Government Environmental Health and Planning Officers
- Allied professionals including engineers, soil scientists, geologists, chemists and environmental scientists and occupational hygienists
- Environmental professionals seeking a change in career direction
- The drivers and practice of site assessment
- Principles of field design and field sampling
- Conceptual site models (CSMs)
- Implementation of appropriate Data Quality Objectives (DQOs)
- Principles of groundwater assessment
- Asbestos – assessment and waste issues
- Case studies will be used to illustrate the concepts presented