Ada Lovelace Day: A Celebration of Women in STEMM
Celebrating Ada Lovelace Day with a panel discussion, networking event with refreshments in collaboration with UTS Library and the Centre for Social Justice and Inclusion.
Be inspired by our guest speakers who will discuss their passions, defining moments and what drives their research. Featuring women in STEMM at UTS, opened by Dr Fiona Brooks, Associate Dean (Research) in the Faculty of Health, the event will be convened by Dr Willa Huston, Molecular Biologist and advocate for equity and diversity in STEMM.
- Dr Arti Agrawalis Associate Professor and Director, Women in Engineering and IT.
- Dr Eva Cheng is the Deputy Director of Women in Engineering and Information Technology, and Senior Lecturer in the School of Electrical and Data Engineering.
- Dr Theresa Anderson is Course Director of the Master of Data Science and Innovation in the UTS Connected Intelligence Centre.
- Dr Rosy Cavaliere is a microbiologist involved with the investigation and identification of biofilm formation, particularly on human explanted medical devices.
- Dr Arian Wallach is a Chancellor's Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the Centre for Compassionate Conservation.
Ada Lovelace Day is an international celebration of the achievements of women in science, technology, engineering, maths & medicine (STEMM). The celebration aims to increase the profile and intake of women into STEMM fields, research, subjects and vocations.