Service and engagement
We foster strong relationships, collaborations and partnerships with governments, industry, non-government and other health organisations locally, nationally and internationally.
Our focus on service and engagement aims to create the best experiences and opportunities for our students, graduates, researchers and professionals. It is community and active consumer engagement that underpins all of our research and teaching and learning programs.
We are passionate and professional advocates for advancing public health nationally and globally, and are active members of:
- Public Health Association Australia (opens external site)
- Council of Academic Public Health Institutions Australia (opens external site)
- The Australasian Epidemiological Association (opens external site)
- Australian Disease Management Association (opens external site)
- Health Services Research Australia and New Zealand (opens external site)
Health Services Management
Our academic staff engage with community through the Centre for Health Services Management, working closely with like-minded centres in Australia and around the world to develop a robust, collaborative global network of researchers and partners in the public and private sector on research and consulting projects.
Our Health Service Management and Planning students engage with community in projects during their coursework. Students collaborate and undertake a project with UTS Shopfront and the health charity sector in NSW. Students work on a current 'real-world' problem and importantly, the health charity sector gain actionable information and strategies.
We are passionate and professional advocates for advancing health services management nationally and globally, and are active members of:
- Healthcare Informatics Society of Australia (opens external site)
- Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (opens external site)
- Australasian College of Health Informatics (opens external site)