Our Health Services Management leaders come from a range of disciplines and research backgrounds, including sociology, demographics, geography, gerontology, planning, policy communication and disability studies, digital health, big data, public health, nursing, midwifery and social work.
All our staff have a strong research focus, with specialists in consumer engagement, health services planning and development, safety and accreditation, quality of care and leadership management. Most have been health services managers themselves, and all maintain strong links with health systems and services in Australia and Internationally.
I am really interested in how people actually do their work and keep patients safe, not how we imagine they do their work. I am also interested in vulnerable groups, management, leadership, how the health system is structured, how connections and collaborations play out, and how they influence the way people treat patients.
Director of Studies in Health Services Management
- Deborah Debono, Director of Studies in Health Services Management
- Christine Duffield, Professor Nursing and Health Service Managemen
- Jen Bichel-Findlay, Health Services Management Senior Lecturer
- Margaret Fry, Professor of Research and Practice Development
- Reece Hinchcliff, Health Services Management Senior Lecturer
- Mary Lam, Health Services Management Senior Lecturer
- Lin Perry, Professor of Nursing Research and Practice Development
- Carla Saunders, Health Services Management Lecturer
- Joanne Travaglia, Discipline Lead, Director of the Centre for Health Services Management and Professor of Health Services Management
PhD and HDR students
- Scott Avery
- Patricia Bradd
- Sharlene Chadwick
- Marie Dickinson
- Erol Dulagil
- Jocelyn Hickson
- Mayumi Iwata
- Deborah Stockton