As a UTS student undertaking the Graduate Certificate in Child and Family Health Nursing, you need to complete the following clinical placements:
- One week placement (40 hours) between Monday 11 to Friday 29 May 2020 in an early childhood setting; and
- Two week placement (80 hours) between July and the end of November 2020 (dates to be confirmed) in a Tresillian setting
Preferencing a Clinical Placement
The Clinical Practice Unit (CPU) will arrange your clinical placements in an early childhood centre and Tresillian setting.
Once you have enrolled in subject 92614 - Child and Family Health Nursing 1 and 92615 - Child and Family Health Nursing 2 you will receive an email about the following:
- Preferencing for your placement
- if you live outside the Sydney metropolitan area, you will be given the opportunity to request a placement closer to home.
- State/Territory compliance requirement
You need to complete the correct compliance documents and vaccinations required by each state or territory depending on where you are undertaking your placement.
Please note that even if you work in a healthcare setting, you will still need to provide the compliance documentation as you are a student and must meet the requirements for a student.