Zonta Women in Engineering and IT Award
The Zonta Women in Engineering and IT Award provides financial support of AUD$1,000 to a female student enrolled in the Faculty of Engineering and IT at UTS, who aspires to continually engage with and inspire young women of the opportunities available with the engineering and IT industry.
Zonta International is a leading global organisation of professionals empowering women worldwide through service and advocacy. Today, Zonta International has up to 30,000 members in over 1200 clubs in 67 countries. The Zonta Club of Sydney Breakfast Inc, is based in Sydney CBD and is one of District 24’s two early morning meeting clubs.
In 2002, we introduced the Women in Engineering and IT Education Award, which aims to support female engineering or information technology students at the University of Technology Sydney (UTS), who have been actively promoting the participation of women within her field.
To be eligible for the award, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be a domestic student
- Identify as a cis or transgender woman
- Be enrolled in one of the Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology Bachelor courses, including combined courses
- Have completed a minimum of 48 credit points
- Have a Weighted Average Mark of 75 or greater at the time of application
Read the conditions of award.
Eligible students can apply for the award by completing an application form and attaching their resume and academic transcript.
Applications for 2020 Award are now closed.
Applicants are assessed by a panel of UTS and Zonta representatives on their contribution to actively promoting the participation of women within their field as well as their academic performance. Applicants are encouraged to highlight their leadership skills and the need to increase the involvement of women within their field.
Please note - if you are successful, you will be required to attend:
- Zonta Club of Sydney Breakfast on Tuesday, 8 September (online), and
- UTS Faculty of Engineering and IT annual award night in 2020