Broaden your understanding of AI, machine learning, and deep learning in this two-day intensive course to leverage these emerging technologies for your business needs.
Deep learning and Artificial Intelligence go hand in hand – in fact, it enabled many recent AI breakthroughs, such as driverless cars. In this course you’ll explore the differences between AI, machine learning and deep learning, how these technologies are currently being applied, and future possibilities. An introduction to different kinds of neural networks and their learning approaches will follow. You will learn about and do exercises in Google TensorFlow Playground, an interactive in-browser visualisation of neural networks. The course concludes on the topic of deep reinforcement learning, a related system that learns by trial and error.
This course is suitable for professionals interested in learning more about AI and machine learning and utilising the technologies for their business.
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Develop an understanding of machine learning fundamentals
- Understand how and why machine learning/deep learning tools are applied in industry
- Apply some of the tools available for tackling common machine learning problems
- Develop an understanding of deep learning and neural networks
- Increase understanding of the various types of neural networks, their structure, and mechanics
- Develop an understanding of reinforcement learning, and how neural networks are used to transform reinforcement learning into deep reinforcement learning
- Identify priority knowledge gaps to prepare for further in-depth studies in the field of data science
- Introduction to AI, machine learning and deep learning
- Examples of how these technologies are being applied today
- Examples of where technologies are likely to go
- Introduction to neural networks
- Supervised vs. Unsupervised learning
- Regression, classification, and clustering algorithms
- Google TensorFlow Playground
- Convolution neural networks
- Recurrent neural networks
- Sequence to sequence translation
- Google TensorFlow Exercises
- Adversarial networks
- Deep reinforcement learning
About the presenter
Richard Xu is an Associate Professor in Machine Learning and a leading researcher in the fields of machine learning, deep learning, data analytics and computer vision. He is the founder and director of the UTS DataLounge, which provides customised short courses for organisations seeking expertise in the field of machine learning. Associate Professor Xu is also a core member of the Innovation in IT Services and Applications research centre and the Global Big Data Technologies research centre, both at UTS.