Explore AI and machine learning fundamentals, and the tools and algorithms used to implement them in this half-day masterclass.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) are transforming businesses and the future of work. This masterclass covers broad concepts of data science, machine learning, and AI, focusing on the basic algorithms needed to successfully transform data into useful knowledge. You’ll begin with an introduction to machine learning, and the tools and algorithms that underpin it. You’ll explore machine learning fundamentals, how it’s used today, and how the technology is set to progress in the near future. You’ll also become familiarised with some of the tools available for tackling common machine learning problems.
AI is increasingly used in traditionally non-tech businesses to improve services and its reach will continue to expand. This course is suitable for anyone interested in learning more about AI and machine learning.
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Develop an understanding of machine learning fundamentals.
- Apply some of the tools available for tackling common machine learning problems
- Identify priority knowledge gaps to prepare for further in-depth studies in the field of data science.
- Introduction to AI/ machine learning
- Examples of how these technologies are being applied today
- Examples of where technologies are likely to go
- Machine learning fundamentals
Richard Xu is an Associate Professor in Machine Learning and a leading researcher in the fields of machine learning, deep learning, data analytics and computer vision. He is the founder and director of the UTS DataLounge, which provides customised short courses for organisations seeking expertise in the field of machine learning. Associate Professor Xu is also a core member of the Innovation in IT Services and Applications research centre and the Global Big Data Technologies research centre, both at UTS.